Fixed Income Analyst – Mutual Fund, CSG
Department: Mutual Fund Research
Location: St. Louis, MO OR Phoenix, AZ area
* Responsible for conducting fundamental investment analysisselection, evaluation, and on-going monitoringof external mutual funds, sub advised accounts, and other managed investments including exchange traded funds, resulting in the recommendation of quality investment solutions consistent with the firm’s investment philosophy.
* Work in partnership with Mutual Fund Research and Portfolio Construction Team associates to ensure best investment decisions are made and to assist in the development of other team members.
* Deliver effective written and verbal communication of investment recommendations and other information to financial advisors and internal departments as needed.
* Support internal departments and committees in making better informed decisions consistent with the firm’s long-term strategy.
* Finance or Accounting Bachelor’s degree and/or MBA preferred
* Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or actively pursuing CFA designation consistent with department policy
* Series 7/66 required or attainable within six months of hire Proficiency in spreadsheets, databases, and other software programs (Morningstar Direct, Microsoft Office, FactSet, etc.) Minimum Years of Experience Required
* 3+ years experience as an analyst and/or extensive industry experience preferred. Depth of knowledge of principles and practices of a specific field of specialization such as finance, human resources, IS, marketing, etc.
* Solid knowledge of mutual fund and money management industry; strong knowledge of various managed investments including mutual funds, ETFs, separate accounts, variable annuity subaccounts
* Strong analytical and service focus Ability to conduct investment due diligence by interviewing portfolio managers and executive management
* Strong understanding of Edward Jones investment philosophy and business model
* Strong written and verbal communication skills for preparing and presenting research to FAs, clients, mutual fund companies and internal areas within the firm
* Strong interpersonal skills are necessary to express ideas and research to other areas of the firm, mutual fund companies, and money management firms
* Ability to represent Edward Jones by meeting with money managers and senior management of mutual fund companies and money management firms.